- Thursday, October 8, 2020. Keynote speaker Richard Alley will kick off the symposium 8:00pm, online via Zoom. The public is invited to attend!
- Friday, October 9, 2020. The technical portion of the symposium will continue at 8:00am, online via Zoom.
- Registration is required.
Keynote Lecture: "Falling dominoes? Ice, climate, sea level and our future" Dr. Richard Alley, Penn State University
Thursday, October 8, 8:00pm, online via Zoom.
Friday, October 9, 8:00am - 4:00pm, online via Zoom.
Goal and structure:
Developed with input from last year’s participants, the intent of this year’s symposium is to foster interdisciplinary collaboration on climate change research at OSU.
Discussion and planning are facilitated through the use of Breakout Groups in two sessions. Each session will start with short preview talks on each of the proposed discussion topics, followed by 1 hour of group discussions, run concurrently, with a designated leader and rapporteur. Each session will end with a plenary discussion of next steps.
8:00-8:50 am Registration, Coffee and Poster Set Up
9:00-9:30 Lecture: Climate and Public Health, Kathi Kemper, Professor of Pediatrics, College of Medicine & Executive Director, Center for Integrative Health and Wellness, The Ohio State University
9:30-11:30 Breakout Session One
- Climate and Public Health
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Building Environment, Urban Systems, Transportation, & Cities
- Climate Justice and Equity
- Engaging with the Public and Policy Makers
11:30-1:30 Poster Sessions & Lunch
1:30-2:00 Lecture: Climate and Biodiversity, Marta Jarzyna, Assistant Professor, Department of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology, The Ohio State University
2:00-4:00 Breakout Session Two
- Biodiversity, Ecosystems, & Ecosystem Services
- Climate Change: Variability and Extremes
- Sea Level Rise and Coastal Effects
- Surface Water Resources and Accessibility
4:00 Adjourn to Happy Hour for Further Interactions
Thanks to our OSU sponsors, Office of Research and Sustainability Institute!